Thursday 24 August 2017

Spring

Spring is full of distractions. Every morning I wake up get dressed and think about all the things I want to achieve that day. So many jobs need to be done in the house and I promise myself I'll stay inside and get them done. Then I make a coffee and just go out to check on my gardens. Three hours later I come in exhausted and starving. So, what happens?



The peach trees and in blossom and covered in bees. I love looking at the magic of buds waiting to burst open.  I check on all my fruit trees to see if they need watering. PH bought me a moisture metre and it is wonderful. Plants I think need watering are actually quite moist so I can save that water for the ones that really need it. I then check my veggies and seedlings and give them a drink. Of course I need to transplant the orange tree and plant out a couple of natives. The last above ground bed is waiting for my strawberry plants. Better do that too.
And there goes my morning. I'll hang out my washing and get started on the Lemon syrup and prepping for dinner. Maybe make another batch of banana muffins for afternoon tea. I think the dusting and vacuuming will wait until tomorrow.





4 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy,
    it was nice to meet you this morning on Rhonda's skype session.
    spring is one of my favourite seasons, not too cold and the flowers are blooming.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have come over from Rhonda's blog to say hello. I too am a former Brisbanite. I am so glad you followed your heart and have fulfilled your dream of moving to the country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wendy, how do I subscribe to your blog? I don't have a google account so I had to sign in as anonymous but I am happy to orovide you with an email address. I think I am going to enjoy your blog as I have done the reverse, come from a property in Victoria to the Gold Coast and am having withdrawal symptoms. The only thing I would like to ask is if it is possible to have a much larger font, I am struggling with the very, very small size....its an age thing!!!!! Many thanks Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Carol, I've added a "follow me" link to the sidebar above the About me section. I'll work on the font size, it is very small. The Gold Coast is a big change from country Victoria. It is a beautiful place with a great climate. I love the hinterland or "The Green Behind the Gold" as the tourist info tells us. It must be hard to go from the space of a property to the busyness of the coast. Hope you enjoy my efforts in the reverse. Cheers Wendy

    ReplyDelete