Saturday 23 September 2017

My Contented Life

The past week has been filled with the wonders of spring and family visits. It has been a busy time but so enjoyable. Every morning when I go to check my trees and vines there is new growth. If we get rain I'm sure the whole yard will be a mass of blooms.

Our little home 


The last of the Camellias

It was so nice to have our daughter and her family here. Our son in-law helped PH moved the last of the rocks from under our fruit trees. It's amazing how much a young person can do in a couple of hours. It would have taken us days doing one tree at a time. He also helped construct a rock wall out the back. I feel I get to spend more quality time with them now we live further away. They really enjoy our area which makes me so happy. Our granddaughter loved driving the ride on mower. 

Big smiles



We are so lucky our neighbour keeps bees

Unfortunately before they left we were outside looking at the night sky when I stepped backwards and lost my footing. I now have a broken wrist. PH took me to Stanthorpe hospital and the very kind Doctor realigned and put a cast on. The staff were all lovely and I was home within two hours. They will put a new cast on tomorrow. I'm now just frustrated that I can't cut up my food and do the everyday jobs around the house. This is not my first break so I know the pain gradually goes away and I'll be able to do more before too long. In the meantime PH has taken up the slack and keeps me happy with nice cups of tea.

We both feel so happy and contented here in our little patch of paradise. It's wonderful to have finally found a place to call home.


9 comments:

  1. Oh I do hope the fracture heals quickly.

    I understand the feelings of happiness and contentment that comes with living in your own patch of paradise. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherri, I'm healing slowly and taking time to smell the roses (lavender).
      Cheers Wendy

      Delete
  2. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post Wendy. Felt like I was there. Your home is set in a beautiful area.
    I'm sorry to hear you have broken your wrist. How something can happen so easily but then take so long to heal. Really does make us appreciate those small things we do without thinking about it. Sounds like you are being looked after well.
    Take care.
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kylie, you are so right, not being able to do those little things using two hands is frustrating but won't be long before I get back to normal. Cheers Wendy

      Delete
  3. ohhh dear, breaks are no fun & neither is falling, take care & let PH look after you, enjoy those cups of tea.
    hope your wrist heals quickly
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Selina, I got my new cast today so hopefully will be back to normal soon.
      Cheers Wendy

      Delete
  4. I hope your wrist heals well for you, Wendy! Take it easy while it's mending. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you broke your wrist Wendy, hope your not out of action for too long.

    Love reading your blog, we did a similar thing 9 years ago after retiring, we moved from the suburbs of Adelaide Hills 300 kms south & purchased 7 acres & a house that needed renovations which we have done most of now & love our little piece of paradise too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your broken wrist, your garden looks lovely. Hopefully you heal quickly and can get back in to doing what you love.

    ReplyDelete